본문 바로가기
장바구니0

The Most Worst Nightmare About Audi G28 Relived

페이지 정보

작성자 Lucia Rupert
작성일 24-10-16 17:54 조회 14회 댓글 0

본문

How to Replace an audi replacement key Fob G28 Engine Speed Sensor

happy-young-woman-with-key-sitting-in-new-car-2022-12-16-21-31-14-utc-min-scaled.jpgIn this video, Charles the Humble Mechanic demonstrates how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. The sensor is located near the transmission's edge just above the flywheel gear. It transmits a signal to the ECU through an uncolored wire T55/49, then to the tachometer located on the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

Located on the edge of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends a signal to ECU pin T55/49 via the grey wire. The ECU utilizes this information to regulate the amount of fuel and boost. It also sends an alert to the G5 Tachometer in instrument cluster.

The sensor is used to link with the G40 Camshaft position Sensor. The ecu needs to be aware of when the crankshaft has reached TDC and also the position of the camshaft, so that it can activate the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails when it fails, the ECU will display a P00160 error code. This means that the Crank Shaft is not in alignment with the Intake Camshaft. It could also be a sign of an issue with the chain or a jumpy chain link in the upper timing chain. However the code will not appear on its own, without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

Testing is a bit challenging as there are two different connector pins, and they serve different purposes but the most effective method to test it is to measure the resistance between the sensor and the ECU. It should read around 1000 ohms when it is in full operation. If you're experiencing issues with this component, look for signs of coolant or oil in the connector bay.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when accelerating from highway paytoll at full speed I noticed a massive drop in power. It was like the engine had run out of gas. Or, my injectors were not firing. This morning i pull out the spark plugs, 3 were soaked with gazoline and the fourth one was dry. I put tissue over each injector hole and when i start the engine with no sparks, the ones with gazoline jump right out. The fourth one remains shut. I tested the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55,30/55 and 48/55 I get zero ohm. I'm assuming that the issue is elsewhere.

I also tried to reset the PID without success. The car will start when the G28 is unplugged and runs fine when it is plugged in, but still is experiencing intermittent misfires at higher RPM. The temperature sensor for the coolant (G62) shows the wrong temperature value of -49c, even if I unplug it. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar when the actual pressure is zero.

I'm not sure what to do. I believe that I've all other possibilities out. I'm concerned that i may have missed something. If anyone has any suggestions, please chime in! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump of the g28 receives a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is identical to the G4 sender and works on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. You can easily find the spare in a salvage shop or a parts store. Testing them is easy - put your DMM in resistance mode and take measurements between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector's end up) and 2 (2nd from the left on the black connector's side). They should be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU in our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY) engines needs to know the position and speed the crankshaft to determine timing of the fuel injector, etc. It utilizes a Crank Position Sensor G4 and an Engine Speed Sensor G28 to accomplish this. If either of these go badly, you will see codes on the diagnostic scanner that can lead to engine shutdown.

A damaged G28 sensor could result in an inaccurate gearbox speed counter or a gearbox that shifts faster than normal, or a misfire while in gear. If you experience any of these problems, it is likely that your sensor is deteriorating and should be replaced. The good news is that they are very affordable and easy to find particularly when you're looking at an Bosch sensor, which is what we have. You can also choose the GM version of this component is also a great option.

5. Tachometer

A malfunctioning engine speed sensor could be the reason behind a slew of issues with your vehicle. It's a vital component of your audi key blade's transmission, since it relays information to the ECU about how fast or slow the car's crankshaft is rotating. If this sensor fails, it can cause problems for the transmission, as well as the other car key cover audi's components.

The G5 engine sensor is located near the edge of the transmission, audi Advance key over the flywheel ring. It transmits a signal via gray wire to ECU pin T55/49. The ECU then processes the signal to control the flow of fuel, audi Car Key cover timig and boost and then sends it on to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster. You can test for sensor failure by examining the continuity of the sensor to the tachometer. Additionally, you can examine the continuity between pins T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]), and between pin T6a/1 and pin T26a/12. You should observe approximately 1000 ohms resistance between those points. This is a standard component across the audi replacement key cost uk 80, 100 200, UrS and RS2 range from 1985 MC to the 1997 UrS AAN and 1995 RS2 ADU so good ones might be availble in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

고객센터 02-2070-1119

• 무통장입금정보
    국민 926101-01-086843
    예금주 : (주)굿인벤트

• 반품주소안내
    서울특별시 영등포구 국회대로 28길 17, 4층 52호
    당사의 모든 제작물의 저작권은 (주)굿인벤트에 있으며, 무단복제나 도용은 저작권법(97조5항)에 의해 금지되어 있습니다.
    이를 위반시 법적인 처벌을 받을 수 있습니다.

회사명 (주)굿인벤트 주소 서울시 영등포구 여의나루로 67 신송빌딩 5F
사업자 등록번호 107-87-78299 대표 이지은 전화 02-2070-1119 팩스 02-3452-4220
통신판매업신고번호 2016-서울영등포-1455 개인정보 보호책임자 이지은

Copyright © (주)굿인벤트. All Rights Reserved.

상단으로

고객센터 02-2070-1119

• 무통장입금정보
    국민 926101-01-086843
    예금주 : (주)굿인벤트

• 반품주소안내
    서울특별시 영등포구 국회대로 28길 17, 4층 52호
    당사의 모든 제작물의 저작권은 (주)굿인벤트에 있으며, 무단복제나 도용은 저작권법(97조5항)에 의해 금지되어 있습니다.
    이를 위반시 법적인 처벌을 받을 수 있습니다.

회사명 (주)굿인벤트 주소 서울시 영등포구 여의나루로 67 신송빌딩 5F
사업자 등록번호 107-87-78299 대표 이지은 전화 02-2070-1119 팩스 02-3452-4220
통신판매업신고번호 2016-서울영등포-1455 개인정보 보호책임자 이지은

Copyright © (주)굿인벤트. All Rights Reserved.

상단으로